For my first post, I would like to start off with a story from our Biblical History. After it’s posting, I will introduce myself to you. Here’s the story.
1.And Isreal abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of moab.
2. And they called the people unto the sacrifice of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
3. And Isreal joined himself unto Baal-peor: and the anger of the Lord was kindled against Isreal.
4. And the Lord said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Isreal.
5. And Moses said unto the judges pd Isreal, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baal-peor.
6. And, Behold one of the children of Isreal came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight od Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Isreal, who were weeping befor the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
7. And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from the congregation,and took a javelin in his hand;
8. And he went after the man of Isreal into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Isreal, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Isreal.
9. And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand.
10. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
11. Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest,hath turned my wrath away from the children of Isreal, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Isresl in jealousy.
12. Wherefore ssay, Behold, I give unto him my covenant of peace:
13. And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made atonement for the children of Isreal.